At Senator Pens Limited, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and website visitors, and to always being transparent about the collection of their personal data.
Our policy sets out when and why we collect personal data and explains how we use it. Some of the data saved to our servers is data that you give to us voluntarily, while other data is collected automatically (website visits). We collect no automatic data which can be used to identify individual visitors, nor do we use any technologies which have the purpose of identifying visitors to our website.
Senator Pens Limited complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Type of personal data that we collect:
In common with many other companies, we collect personal data on people who email or write to us, visit our website, interact with us on social media, or visit our exhibition stands and factory. This includes;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Details about your interaction with marketing emails that we have sent to you.
- Information about the services or products that we have supplied to you.
- Testimonials and feedback we have received from you.
- Financial data when reviewing your application for opening a credit account, or changing your credit limit.
- Details about how and when you have used or accessed our website or social media accounts, including domain and host you are accessing the internet from, if you arrived at this website by following a link, the address of the website that the link appears on, date and time you connected to our website, pages selected and page view duration, Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, and where applicable, your computer’s operating system and browser software. Please also read separate sections in this document on Google Analytics and Cookies.
Google Analytics explained:
To analyse usage of this website, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses a special type of cookie. The information this cookie generates about your use of this website is normally transmitted to and stored by Google on a server in the USA. For your protection, Google Analytics is supplemented on this website by the code “gat._anonymizeIp();”, which ensures that IP addresses are collected anonymously. The IP anonymisation function on this website means that if you are located within an EU member state or other EEA Agreement signatory state, Google will truncate your IP address prior to transmission. In exceptional cases only, the full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the US and truncated there. Google will use this information only as instructed by us for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing additional services related to website and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser using Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google. However, you may refuse storage of the cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser (see above). You may also prevent the data relating to your use of the website generated by the cookie (incl. your IP address) from being collected and used by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en). This will install an opt-out cookie that will prevent your data from being collected during future visits to this website.
Senator Pens website stores certain information, called cookies, on visitors’ computers. Generally speaking, cookies allocate users an individual number which has no meaning outside the website in question. Cookies provide information about how, when and by how many users the pages on a website are visited. This data is held in aggregated form only; the technology collects no identifying data on individual users. The purpose of this technology and the information it provides is to help us improve our website. Most internet browsers are set to accept all cookies. However, you can also set your browser to reject all cookies or to prompt you to accept each time a cookie is offered. Please note, however, that cookies are sometimes needed to use certain website functions (such as the provision of user-specific information). Once saved on your computer, cookies may be deleted at any time. For more information about cookies see https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/260971/description-of-cookies.
Reasons why we collect personal data:
- To keep you up to date about our products, services, special offers and company news.
- To ensure we are giving you what you want, this data also allows us to personalise the products, services and special offers we inform you of.
- To fulfil a contract we have entered into with you e.g. processing your order, providing order updates, processing any financial agreements which may have been arranged between us, taking payments and giving refunds.
- To provide you with customer service and support and handle your returns.
- To train our staff so that you receive the best possible service in all areas of our business.
- To improve our website in order to give you the best possible online experience.
- To analysis surveys that you have taken part in so that we can improve existing, and develop new, products and services for you.
- To run competitions and promotions that you have entered into.
- To process your job application.
- To prevent and detect fraud against you, Senator Pens and our website.
At any time, and free of charge, you may withdraw consent to future use of your personal data, require the blocking or deletion of some or all of such data, or demand information regarding or the correction of personal data regarding you held by us. You also have the right to stop marketing communications from us. Additionally, you have the right to ask us to transfer your personal data to another party.
How to exercise your rights:
It is your choice whether you want to receive marketing communication from us (e.g. company, product and service information). You can do this by updating your communication preferences with us by using one of the forms of contact below. You can also unsubscribe to marketing communications by following the link on any of our online communications and by unfollowing us on our social media networks. Stopping marketing communications will not stop service communications, such as order updates, or where you have requested an activity, such as asking one of our staff to send you samples or catalogues.
Post: Senator Pens Limited, Stadium Way, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5GY
Third Party access:
Senator Pens wants to earn and maintain your trust, therefore we will not disclose, sell, share or exchange data to or with other companies or institutions for direct marketing purposes without informing you beforehand and obtaining your consent.
We may transfer your data to other organisations in the following circumstances;
- To our manufacturing plant SENATOR GmbH in order to fulfil certain orders.
- To comply with any legal obligation
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Senator Pens, our customers, or others. This may also include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the process of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Length of time we retain your data:
We will always retain your personal data in accordance with law and will never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
If required to meet legal requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may retain your information, even after you have asked us to remove it and/or you have ceased trading with us.
How we keep your personal data secure:
Senator Pens has adopted technical and organisational measures to protect your data from loss, alteration or unauthorised access.
We transmit data entered into our website forms in unencrypted format, have firewalls in place and monitor our systems regularly for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Consequently, we do all we can to protect your data at all times.
We have in place data back-up processes and procedures.
Our employees are obliged to keep data confidential. In addition, we have put in place mandatory corporate policies to ensure an appropriate level of data protection. This ensures protection of your personality rights and exercise of your rights associated therewith.
We limit access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there by use of a code system which is regularly updated.
Website legal terms / disclaimer:
The content, text and presentations on our website has been created and carefully proved. However, parts of the content, text and presentations could always contain errors. Therefore, Senator Pens is not taking any liability for the correctness, completeness and actuality of the content, text and presentations on its website. We appreciate any information about errors or incorrect links send to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web pages of third parties, to which the owner of this web page refers to by hyperlink, are in the sole liability of the respective owner. Senator Pens is not responsible for the content, text and presentations of third parties web pages and is not making them its own. Therefore, Senator Pens is not taking any liability for third parties web pages.
Furthermore, our website may be referred by any other web page via hyperlink without our knowledge. We are not taking any liability neither for content, text or presentations of third party web pages, nor for any linkage from any other third party web page.